Board of Trustees
The Board is made up of the Principal, one staff trustee, five elected parent trustees, and a student trustee. The trustees are elected by parents and staff members every three years, while the student trustee is elected annually. The Board is also able to co-op additional trustee members if required.
The Role of the Board
The Board's responsibilities include governing the school and setting its direction. This includes the curriculum, staff, property, health and safety, finance and administration. The long-term goals and annual targets for the school are set in a charter, which the board monitors and reports annually on progress towards.
|Eccleton||Joe||Staff Trustee||027 376 2730|
|Hooft||Geordie||Chairperson||021 670 330|
|McIntosh||Virginia||Co-opted Member||021 213 3425|
|Slight||Craig||021 1832 463|
|Harrison||Austin||Student Trustee||960 0191|
|Trought||Katherine||Deputy Chairperson||027 531 3261|
|Walker||Graham||029 377 3222|
|Williams||Robin||021 553 276|
School CharterThe Education Act 1989 requires every school to have a Charter. This document must include the following:
- the school's vision and values
- a strategic section that outlines for the next three to five years the school's goals
- an annually up-dated section that sets out the school's priorities and sets targets for key activities and achievement of objectives (i.e. annual targets).
The annual targets must set out our objectives and priorities relating to raising student achievement, and set targets for the key activities and achievement of objectives for the year.A copy of the Charter is sent to the Ministry of Education each year.
School Annual ReportSchools as publically funded Crown entitles are required to produce an annual report that covers:
- the board's annual financial statements
- a discussion of the progress the school has made towards the planned goals and targets for student achievement set out in the annually updated part of its charter.