Confirmed School Trips 2015-2016The following optional overseas trips have been approved by the Board of Trustees. For further information please see the Teacher-in-charge of the specific trip.
- France (French Language) 19 September 2015 – 9 October 2015 – Anne Passmore (TIC)
- South America (Spanish Trip) 19 September 2015 – 10 October 2015 – Lyli Carrasco (TIC)
- New York (Technology) Easter 2016 – Ceri de Boo (TIC)
- Italy and Turkey (History and Classics) dates TBC – Vicky Collins (TIC)
- Space Camp (USA) (Science) 8 April 2016 – 27 April 2016 – David Paterson (TIC)
- Reef and Rainforest (Australia) (Science) 4 July 2015 – 14 July 2015 – Jenny Merchant (TIC)
- Japan (Japanese Trip) late November 2015 – Mid December 2015 – Linda Tappenden (TIC)
Reef and RainforestThe Reef and Rainforest trip presents the opportunity to explore the only place in the world where two World Heritage Sites meet, the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropical Forests of Queensland. The aim is to improve our knowledge of these special ecosystems by immersing ourselves in them and learning from the excellent guides and educators we encounter. Students should have a strong interest in Science, especially Biology, care about the environment and be prepared for adventure! Read More...
See Our Wikispace for details of the last trip and plans for the next one.
Space CampThe Space Camp trip is an amazing opportunity for students to train as an astronaut and experience life in the USA. Every two years we aim to take a group to Space Camp, Alabama, and then onto Florida to visit Kennedy Space Centre where if they are lucky, see a rocket launch. Students need to have a strong interest in Science and Space, be prepared to work hard and throw themselves into dawn to dusk activities building a supportive team to fly the Shuttle simulator! Read More...
See Our Wikispace for information regarding upcoming trips.
See Our Blog for an account of the 2012 trip.